Don't show up to the party hungry!
Make sure to eat a light breakfast and maybe even a small snack a couple of hours before the party. Showing up hungry sets you up to go overboard on all of the delicious food in front of you!
If you are going to dip, dip wisely!
Don't stand over the dip bowl. This can lead you to mindlessly keep dipping and overdo it very easily. Instead, scoop a couple of tablespoons of dip onto your plate, served alongside a few chips and then have a majority of your "dippers" be veggies like celery and carrots.
Raise your standards!
You're special, so your food should be special too! If you know there's a delicious platter of wings about to come out of the oven, or a yummy dip that your sister makes better than anyone else, don't sit and chow away on cheese curls that you can get any other day of the week while you wait for these items to be served. Be selective and budget your calories for food that's worth it.
Portion control is key.
Just like every other day on the SlimFast Plan, no food is ever off limits, you just need to practice portion control!
Choose your booze wisely!
Alcoholic beverages can tack on extra calories and lower your inhibitions! Here are some examples of calorie amounts in common alcoholic beverages:
- One 5 oz glass of dry red or white wine = about 120 calories
- One 12 oz light beer = about 100 calories
- One 1.5 oz pour of hard liquor (gin, vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey) = 100 calories (use sugar free or diet mixers)
- One regular beer = 150 calories
- One pre-made bottled margarita, 11 oz = 240 calories
- One 5 oz glass of bottled sangria = 150 calories