Turkey Chili with Seasoned Veggies & Shredded Cheese
A hearty bowl of chili provides a savory mix of flavors and spices. When made with ground turkey, chili loses much of its fat and becomes a healthy meal offering protein and vegetables. Follow this recipe and tantalize your taste buds.
- 4 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 60 min Total Time
- Melt 2 tablespoons light butter substitute spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion and green pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter substitute spread and cook ground turkey, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until done.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and sour cream. Serve with rice.
- 4 tbsp light butter substitute spread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15.5 oz) low sodium red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp fat free sour cream
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked