Cheeseburger with Peppery Coleslaw
There is nothing more satisfying than a big, ol’ burger topped with a variety of delectable ingredients. Try this two-handed feast on a whole wheat bun, with homemade coleslaw, low fat Swiss cheese and heart-healthy avocado! It’s a treat!
- 4 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 23 min Total Time
- Toss coleslaw mix, light mayonnaise, black pepper and lime juice in large bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine ground beef and garlic powder in another large bowl; shape into 4 burgers.
- Grill or broil, turning once, until desired doneness.
- Top with cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve in buns with lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives and coleslaw.
- 1 bag (16 oz) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 slices low fat Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 8 large black olives, sliced