Chipotle Turkey and Black Bean Chili
This chili will put some spice in your life with an accent of chipotle peppers. Adobo Sauce adds a smoky heat, but won’t leave a lasting mouth-tingle. Unsalted black beans and brown rice provide high protein to satisfy the heartiest appetite.
- 4 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 45 min Total Time
- In 6-quart saucepot, melt spread over medium heat and cook onion, yellow pepper and cumin seeds, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in chipotle pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until heated through.
- 1/4 cup light butter substitute spread
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 - 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 cups fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15.5 oz) no-salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 oz) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice