Roasted Chicken & Vegetables Primavera
Roast chicken, peppers, squash, and onions create this savory vegetable-rich dish. Garlic adds to the fragrance of the dish as it simmers, serve over penne for a healthy balanced meal.
- 4 Servings
- 25 min Prep Time
- 65 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine vegetarian vegetable or chicken bouillon cube with olive oil pressing with back of fork in large bowl.
- Add red peppers, squash, onions, and garlic and toss to coat.
- Arrange vegetables on two cookie sheets. Roast 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and roast 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Arrange vegetables and chicken in large serving bowl, smashing garlic.
- Evenly pour reserved pasta cooking water into cookie sheet, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pans; pour over vegetables and chicken. Add penne and toss to coat.
- 1 vegetarian vegetable or chicken boullion cube, crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium red bell peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium, yellow squash
- 3 cloves, garlic
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz whole grain penne pasta, cooked and drained (reserve 1/2 cup cooking water)