While it may be easy for some to pick a date and start their weight loss journeys, others may struggle or fall off plan if they do not have clearly defined and achievable goals in place. Creating S.M.A.R.T goals can help you strategize and make your objectives seem less overwhelming. SlimFast Brand Ambassador, Jennifer B., explains how she used this method to reach her success on the SlimFast Plan!
Have you ever felt lost in finding a way to reach your goals? I know I had many aspirations to lose weight, yet it never really seemed to work out and I found myself in a constant rut spanning half a decade. If this speaks to you, please allow me to share some ways I was finally able to overcome these challenges.
On my weight loss journey following the SlimFast 1-2-3 Plan, I lost 51 lbs. in 26 weeks. I found it essential to create attainable goals. But, that was only the first step. Just as important, was figuring out how I would reach those goals. In the wonderful online communities SlimFast Together & SlimFast Keto Together, there are always new discussions and ideas around health and weight loss to focus on. The SlimFast communities provided many fun ideas, tools, and resources that were necessary to my success. This came in the form of seeking out advice from others, and finding exercise routines that not only fit what my body is capable of doing, but also what fits my lifestyle.
First, let us explore together what a "S.M.A.R.T” goal is, and how it can assist you on your SlimFast journey. S.M.A.R.T stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound. Creating goals with these ideas in mind will help break down how you will go about reaching your specific goals and how long it’ll take you to do it.
Following the S.M.A.R.T. Goals method, I set for myself a realistic goal and gave myself the gift of ample time to reach it. I originally planned to follow the SlimFast 1-2-3 Plan in order to lose 30 pounds with a goal of losing one to two pounds a week. I ended up surpassing my initial goal early, by allowing my body to find the weight it was comfortable at, and by fueling and supporting my body in a way that made me feel and function so much better! By the time 26 weeks had passed I lost a total of 51 pounds.
This was not without my share of days that were challenging, and I often relied heavily upon the encouragement and support of the SlimFast Together online groups. They became my backbone in times of uncertainty, plateaus, and when I needed a little extra challenge or accountability.
Now that I have been maintaining for over two years, my goals have slightly changed. I still hold the core desire to never weigh what I had previously. After all, I fought for the place I am at today. In those said battles I faced self-doubt, finding my worth, finding a plan my body personally thrives with, and becoming the best version of myself. I have learned through my SlimFast journey to always press forward and listen to my body.
Jennifer’s Tips for Success
Before starting, here are some things you can do to prepare yourself for your journey:
• Appreciate where you are today and love yourself for where you are.
• Make goals that mirror a future that fit your personal needs
• Share your goals with your doctor to obtain any advice they may have for your personal health needs
While on your journey, try to incorporate these habits as much as possible into your daily life:
• Measure your nutritional & water intake as well as your exercise each day. A super helpful tool is the free SlimFast Together App which has trackers for your activity, nutrition intake, water, sleep and even stress.
• Accountability is key! Be honest with yourself and take advantage of the SlimFast Together support groups. Advice, guidance, engagement, and positive feedback is available for all! Share your day with us and you will feel your confidence grow.
• Remain patient and remember that we are on a journey! I aspired to lose 30 pounds and learned that it was perfectly okay to have a varying rate of progress. The FDA defines healthy weight loss as one to two pounds a week but this can differ from person to person.
• Track your progress in multiple ways such as progress photos, weight logs, and even track your body measurements. These are way more valuable to keep up with than I ever imagined at the beginning of my journey, and quickly became an important asset in keeping my determination strong.
So in saying that, my goal is to encourage and support others to create these S.M.A.R.T Goals and achieve them; to always believe in those around me and myself; to always acknowledge that my body's needs are worth my effort; and to utilize the easy and effective SlimFast Keto products and Plan to achieve this.
To sum it up, finding our way in life can be challenging, but with S.M.A.R.T. Goals, the SlimFast 1-2-3 Plan, SlimFast Together App and online support groups it all starts to become attainable, achievable and sustainable!